Tuesday, February 10, 2009

... and life keeps movin' on.

The carpets have been cleaned, the laundry is ... well, at least over halfway done (this is an accomplishment, trust me), and the catboxes are no longer the dominant perfumes in their respective bathrooms.

The dishes need to be done, but that is thankfully not my department.

I'm oddly at peace right now. I haven't drawn sheeyite today (or even for the past couple of days), haven't written... I did manage to do a lot of tweaking on the new Peacock King site today, but even that was just... tweaks. I should be foaming at the mouth right now about paperwork I haven't finished, deadlines I'm in danger of missing, bills I have yet to pay... but I'm peaceful.

That's not to say I don't have those quiet little areas of discontent. I have a to-do list a mile long, for starters, and not enough resources to get the tasks done. (Yet.) I miss Jess like crazy -- he'd become such a fixture in my days that it's genuinely odd to not have my not-twin around. I need to figure out what to do about my accidental FWB -- I'm not so interested in the WB part, and I really don't have much experience with telling guys that I'm just not interested in them that way... and having to do this after a night of drunken shenanigans isn't going to help my case any.

I think I'll avoid the whole FWB idea from now on, holy shit. I have few enough friends that I really value the ones I have, and this seems like a really unworthy way to go about weeding out ones I would really rather keep around.

Somewhere in all that I have to do this week, I have to figure out how to very nicely ask someone who intimidates the shit out of me with her awesomeness if she would pretty please read The Peacock King and um maybe review it for us please? ... You know, just now I imagined Jess and Erica's faces right before my infamous date with my Uncleganger. The ones that preceded their twin smirks of "JesĂș Christo, what happened to your balls? Remember who you are or we're going to take away your title!" ... I'd better just write that email or risk giving up my Supreme Overlord business cards.

Good going, guys. That incident burned so hard in my brain that I'm using it against myself in completely unrelated situations!

So now that I've finished my tea and hitched up my big girl panties one more time, I'm going to... head to bed! I forgot to change my sheets, but darnit, I had a busy day. I'll pencil it in for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment